Click on the question and you will be taken to the answer:
This depends on factors such as deadlines, length of the document or range of improvements required. Allow enough time before the deadline!
Top of Page
The document should be emailed to me as a Microsoft Word document with .doc or .docx suffix or .txt or .rtf. Other Microsoft documents can be edited, e.g. PowerPoint docs (.ppt or .pptx).
I also accept PDF documents, where changes will be shown as text markup or as comments.
I use Microsoft Word, Track Changes feature which allows you to Accept or Reject the changes I suggest. If requested, I will also add Comments to make suggestions on how you can improve style or other aspects of the document.
Subject areas I have edited include the following: nursing, medicine, chemistry, physics, engineering, mathematics, history, marketing, design, sociology, social work, anthropology, education, applied linguistics, music, law, and religion (Islam, Christianity).
If you live in New Zealand, payment is by internet banking; however, if you are outside New Zealand payment is by PayPal. Before I start work I need to receive payment. However, in practice I will start work before the payment has been cleared, and I will forward the completed document to you once I receive notification of payment.
Academic essays and assignments, academic reports, posters, presentations, theses, dissertations, reports, literature reviews, conference papers, manuscripts for submission to scientific publications, journal and other articles, abstracts, CVs, resumes, cover letters.
What kind of business documents do you edit or proofread?
Annual reports, brochures, leaflets, marketing materials, product data sheets (including MSDS), product labels, instructions, technical manuals, as well as legal documents, contracts, and agreements.
Yes, website pages, blog articles, online or web information are all covered.
Indeed! Book manuscripts (fiction, non-fiction), as well as individual chapters of books, are also included!
- B.Sc. Organic Chemistry (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- M.A. Applied Linguistics (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
- M.A. Islamic Sciences and History (Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India)
- Diploma in Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language (Victoria
University of Wellington, NZ).
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education, Educator (Manukau Institute of Technology, Auckland, NZ)
- Experienced Editor/Writer; 9 years full-time in chemical industry; and 20 years full-time in education (in the Middle East, Asia and New Zealand).
- Specialist in working with non-native English-speaking students, academics, authors and writers.